Recipe by Calee
Marinating the short ribs over night is the key to the most tender beef short ribs. On the bbq or in the oven, these are absolutely amazing. Marinating time is not included in prep time
Top Review by duonyte
I loved these, but they were too spicy for my wussy one, and he would not eat them. I think next time I will dump the butterflied ribs into the bowl with the marinade, to make sure that all parts get coated, prior to putting into the zippered bag. That's if I get to make them again. Served with mashed potatoes and sauteed zucchini. Oh, I should note that I did not have a small quantity of stock, so I used wine.
- 3 lbs short rib of beef (butterflied or just cut them in half)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup beef stock
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 6 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, white ends only minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl whisk together all ingredients except the ribs.
- Place ribs in a ziplock bag pour 2/3 of the marinade over them and reserve the remainder.
- Marinade in fridge over night.
- For the bbq: Dry the ribs with a paper towel and put them on the grill of a preheated bbq on medium heat for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Turn and baste often with reserved marinade.
- Then raise the heat and grill until the ribs are slightly charred.
- For the oven: Place in roasting pan and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Put the reserved marinate in a small saucepan the bring to a boil. Transfer to a serving dish and spoon hot marinade over top.