1/2 Photos of Short Ribs With Cabbage
2 hrs 30 mins
I got this in my e-mail yesterday from Ethnicgrocers.com in a newsletter. The newsletter gave recipes for a Polish dinner, and this was the suggested entree.Looks like a winner, and so it goes on my "must try" list. The number of servings was not given, so I'm guessing 6-8.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 lbs short rib of beef, cut into serving pieces
- kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small onion, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 head cabbage, cut into weges
- 1Heat oil in a large, heavy pot.
- 2Brown short ribs on all sides.
- 3Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4Add remaining ingredients except cabbage.
- 5Cover and simmer for 1-1 1/2 hours.
- 6Add cabbage wedges and cook until cabbage is tender, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Short Ribs With Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1265.7
- Calories from Fat 1031
- Total Fat 114.5 g
- Saturated Fat 48.3 g
- Cholesterol 229.8 mg
- Sodium 326.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 46.2 g