Recipe by yooper
I got this in my e-mail yesterday from Ethnicgrocers.com in a newsletter. The newsletter gave recipes for a Polish dinner, and this was the suggested entree.Looks like a winner, and so it goes on my "must try" list. The number of servings was not given, so I'm guessing 6-8.
Top Review by 75violets
I tried this last night and thouhgt it was pretty good, and easy to fix. The only thing I didn't like was how long it took to cook - but once it was done, the meat and cabbage had a wonderful tangy flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 lbs short rib of beef, cut into serving pieces
- kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small onion, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 head cabbage, cut into weges