Recipe by MarieRynr
I got this out of a women's magazine a very long time ago. They are the best. Serve them with noodles, rice or potatoes. Dumplings are also very good with them. Plan ahead as they need to marinate over night.
- 6 lbs short rib of beef
- 2 cups catsup
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons fat
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ribs in a non-reactive bowl.
- Mix all ingredients, except for flour and fat and pour over the ribs.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- Next day remove ribs from marinade, reserving marinade. Drain well.
- Roll the ribs in the flour.
- Melt the fat and brown the ribs well on all sides.
- Drain, pour marinade over and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours til tender.