Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
- 3 lbs short rib of beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped, plus
- 2 more garlic cloves, chopped
- beef broth, plus more for roasting
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- white rice, for serving
- 1 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season ribs using House Seasoning. Lightly dust with 2 tablespoons flour.
- In a Dutch oven, place a small amount of oil. Add the 2 garlic cloves and cook until lightly browned. Add the ribs and brown on each side. Add half water and half beef broth to cover ribs. Bring to a boil. Remove the ribs from the Dutch oven and place in a casserole dish. Add the remaining garlic, salt and pepper, onions, and about 1 cup broth to the ribs. Roast ribs for 2 hours. Serve over buttered white rice.
- House Seasoning:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
This is an easy and really tasty recipe. I used all beef broth and because of that, the sauce ended up a little saltier than I would have liked. I will definitely make this again but cut down the salt a bit.
This recipe was so delicious and my children devoured it!
I've made this recipe many times. I to cut down on the salt. I used Paula Deen's House Seasoning, but I use 1/2 cup of pepper, 1/2 cup garlic powder, 1/2 cup onion powder with 1 cup salt, this is tweeked from the original. I also use the low sodium beef stock. Family and friends love this. Easy to make.