Comfort food serve it with mashed potatoes.
Make and share this Short Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- Cut short ribs into 3 inch pieces.
- In a heavy Dutch oven add,water, 1st onion, carrot and celery.
- Bring to boil.
- Add short ribs.
- Simmer covered until nearly tender, for about 2 hours.
- Take the meat out and set aside.
- Strain the stock, set aside.
- Melt in the pot 4 tablespoons fat, whisk in 4 tablespoon flour and add 3 cups of stock, while whisking.
- (add a little water to make up 3 cups,if necessary) Season with salt and pepper and curry powder.
- In a heavy frypan heat 4 tablespoons fat, add 1 small sliced onion, saute till lightly browned.
- Add the meat to the frypan and brown it.
- Pour half of the gravy over it.
- Place the frypan uncovered in a moderate oven, 325 degrees for about 45 minutes until the meat gets brown and crisp.
- baste it occasionally with the drippings.
- Reheat the remaining gravy.
- season it and add 2 or 3 tablespoons sour cream Place the meat on a hot platter, pour the gravy around it.
- Serve it piping hot.