1/1 Photo of Short Rib Flatbread With Clementine Gremolata
4 hrs 30 mins
Chianti and short ribs are a match made in heaven! And who says you can't enjoy them in the warmer seasons? Use a slow cooker and put it on a flatbread to take away the heaviness!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g beef short ribs
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml salt
- 14.79 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme leave
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 4.92 ml fresh rosemary
- 1 medium onion, chopped into large chunks
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped into large chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, skins removed, smashed
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 236.59 ml chianti wine
- 473.18 ml low sodium beef broth
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 226.79 g cremini mushroom, sliced
- 29.58 ml Laughing Cow cheese, French Onion
- 14.79 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Add olive oil to cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Generously salt and pepper short ribs and sear in pan.
- 2Add ribs and the remaining ‘rib’ ingredients to a slow cooker. Make sure ribs are nestled down into the liquid. Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours. When ribs are cooked and falling off the bone, remove from slow cooker and let rest.
- 3Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Stretch and fit pizza dough into a baking sheet. Brush with drippings from the slow cooker and season with oregano. Bake until lightly golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- 4Using the same cast iron skillet, brown mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 5Remove pre-cooked pizza crust from oven and spread with laughing cow cheese. Layer mushrooms, onions (from slow cooker) and shredded short ribs on flatbread until completely covered, keeping ½ inch border on all sides. Top with parmesan cheese. Bake another 10 minutes, until cheese has melted.
- 6While your flatbread is baking, finely chop all gremolata ingredients together and set aside. Top flatbread with gremolata and serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Short Rib Flatbread With Clementine Gremolata
Serving Size: 1 (614 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1910.7
- Calories from Fat 1257
- Total Fat 139.7 g
- Saturated Fat 57.4 g
- Cholesterol 260.7 mg
- Sodium 5066.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 31.8 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 63.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
thin pizza crust
Laughing Cow cheese