Recipe by riario
Great recipe from Rescue Chef. We've made this a few times but don't always follow the recipe exactly and it still comes out great!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 -4 lbs beef short ribs
- 3 -4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, diced
- 2 large white onions, sliced
- 4 shallots, quartered
- 1 lb mushroom
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 2 cups red wine (or half bottle)
- 4 cups beef stock (or to cover)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and black pepper in a bowl. Add the short ribs, coating them lightly in the flour mixture.
- In a large Dutch oven or deep oven-proof pot over medium heat, melt butter until golden. Add the ribs, shaking off any excess flour. Sear the meat until brown, moving the ribs around covering them with the butter.
- In the same pot, saute the bacon for 2 to 3 minutes then add the onions, shallots, mushrooms, celery and carrots and saute until golden.
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine, adding a little at a time. Let reduce over high heat for 1 minute. Add the rest of the wine and beef stock, and bring to a simmer.
- Once the liquid has come to a simmer, cover, and cook in the oven for 2 to 3 hours. Taste and adjust seasoning.