Recipe by Nelly
I found this in a college cookbook. It's a shortcut, (15 minutes), that works really well. Tastes good, too.
- 2 ounces butter
- 4 ounces brown sugar
- 5 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 7 ounces madeira cake (or similar)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- custard, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put the butter, sugar and cream in a small pan, stirring gently until the mixture is well blended.
- Roughly crumble the cake into a small, buttered ovenproof dish.
- Pour over the sauce and cook in the oven for 10 minutes until bubbling.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with custard.