Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
You start with a can of spaghetti sauce, add your own touches and you have a delicious sauce that is thick and rich. We like it served over spaghetti and meatballs.
- 20 ounces hunt's thick n' rich spaghetti sauce
- 19 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups browned cooked ground beef
- Saute the carrots, onion and garlic in about 3 tablespoons olive oil until softened.
- Spoon into a large saucpan, stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 1-2 hours until flavours are well blended.
- Serve over pasta.
- The ground beef is optional.