Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cut-out recipe from some magazine somewhere...sorry there is no info in the cutout to remind me. I've made these many times for drop in company - quick little warm treat that everyone seems to enjoy.
- 1 (21 ounce) can no-sugar-added cherry pie filling or 16 ounces no-sugar-added apple pie filling
- 12 burrito-size flour tortillas
- canola oil (for frying)
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Heat 1 inch canola oil in a large deep skillet to 350°F.
- For each sopapilla, place 1-2 tbls of the canned filling at one end of the tortilla.
- Tuck in sides and roll up as you would a burrito.
- Fry seam side down, 1-2 sopapillas at a time, until bottoms are golden, turn and cook the other side to golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and dust with confectioner's sugar for a finished touch.