Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipie came from HPBooks Crockery Cookery. It was my first crock-pot adventure. My family likes it. It is a great base recipy, with many possibilities. I have used one can kidney beans and 1 can navy beans. Don't use no-fat sauce. The chili will turn out like soup. The garlic is my addition, and can be ommited.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- In skillet brown beef, breaking up with fork until lightly browned.
- Pour off fat.
- In crock-pot combine meat with rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Remove bay leaf.
I love chili, so you can't really go wrong with it for me. This was good and great that I could just let it sit in the crockpot all day while i was busy with my other things.