Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe easily doubles for more servings. Freezes well. Prep time does not include cooking and cooling the rice. You can use your favorite marinade, I use Ken's and I do NOT marinade chicken first. But if you like you may do so.
- 236.59 ml long grain white rice
- 473.18 ml water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 236.59 ml Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 680.38 g chicken breast tenders, cut in bite sized pieces
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 453.59 g package frozen peas and carrots
- 118.29 ml teriyaki marinade
- 29.58 ml light soy sauce
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- Dissolve bullion in water and cook rice according to directions. Plunge container into cold water to cool after cooking or make rice the day before.
- Cook egg beaters in skillet till fluffy. Set aside keep warm.
- Saute chicken and onion in same skillet till done about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add marinade, peas and carrots, and rice. Mix well.
- Add soy sauce, ginger, garlic and egg beaters. Continue to cook till heated though.
- Cool your favorite way and pack in quart sized freezer bags. 1 serving = 1 1/2 cups approximately.
Delicious!! Everyone in my household and my dinner guest all inhaled this! I made as directed except - I used 1.2 cups vegetable stock in place of the bouillon and water and pre-cooked the rice in a steamer. I used regular soy as it was what I had on hand. (No ginger as I don't care for it). Wonderful flavor and SOOO easy to make! This is a KEEPR we will be making again!!!
OMG this was a huge hit with my family (or should I say boys) I made the rice ahead of time as suggested, Thank goodness for zmail when you have a question on a recipe, I appreciate your reply MsSally. . . and did just that. This was easily put together and the taste was better than expected, It was outstanding! Thank you for sharing, I will make this again and again! YAY, another one for rotation. *HUGS* ~V
Great, quick-and-easy stir-fry recipe for when you don't want to work too hard. I used 1 tsp sodium-free chicken bouillon granules, as that's what I keep on hand (regular is too salty for me). I also stir-fried the Egg Beaters in the pan with the other ingredients, because that's what I'm used to. It's nice to have a fried-rice recipe available that's so low-fat.