Recipe by MsSally
Recipe easily doubles for more servings. Freezes well. Prep time does not include cooking and cooling the rice. You can use your favorite marinade, I use Ken's and I do NOT marinade chicken first. But if you like you may do so.
Top Review by Mommy Diva
Delicious!! Everyone in my household and my dinner guest all inhaled this! I made as directed except - I used 1.2 cups vegetable stock in place of the bouillon and water and pre-cooked the rice in a steamer. I used regular soy as it was what I had on hand. (No ginger as I don't care for it). Wonderful flavor and SOOO easy to make! This is a KEEPR we will be making again!!!
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast tenders, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki marinade
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve bullion in water and cook rice according to directions. Plunge container into cold water to cool after cooking or make rice the day before.
- Cook egg beaters in skillet till fluffy. Set aside keep warm.
- Saute chicken and onion in same skillet till done about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add marinade, peas and carrots, and rice. Mix well.
- Add soy sauce, ginger, garlic and egg beaters. Continue to cook till heated though.
- Cool your favorite way and pack in quart sized freezer bags. 1 serving = 1 1/2 cups approximately.