Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From an old kitchen them calendar which included recipes. When you want that easy apple & yam casserole but don't have a lot of time this is a great short cut recipe. You can either microwave this dish or use your oven. Love the versatility!
- 1 (20 ounce) can apple pie filling (sugar free is fine too)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (24 ounce) can yams, drained and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Cut apples in the pie filling into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, mix the pie filling, cinnamon, and brown sugar until well blended.
- Gently stir in the cut-up yams.
- Grease a two-quart casserole dish and pour in apple-yam mixture.
- You may either microwave for approx 8-10 minutes until warmed through or you can put it into a 350F oven and bake approximately 15 minutes until warmed.
This was an easy, quick and very good tasting recipe. I liked the combination of apples and yams. This would be a great side dish for Thanksgiving. Think I will hang onto it for the holidays. thanks