Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen. Delicious and easy to make.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 0.5 (10 7/8 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup (discard top half and use bottom part of soup)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lb freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, picked free of any broken shells, drained
- 6 ounces fresh shrimp or 6 ounces canned shrimp, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, and celery and saute for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, Parmesan, crabmeat, shrimp, and pepper. Stir the sauteed vegetables into the seafood mixture and spoon this mixture into a lightly greased 8 x 11-inch casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with toast points or crackers.
I have made this dip several times and it is always requested at most of the functions I go to. It is easy to prepare. I serve it on Melba Toast or scoops.