Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The salad is named after the people living in the Sofia area in Bulgaria (the shopi). It's a great salad and easy to prepare.
- 4 big tomatoes or 6 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small chopped onions or 1⁄2 large onion
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 grilled red bell peppers, chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 chili peppers (optional)
- 4 sprigs parsley (to garnish)
- feta cheese
- black olives (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except parsley and feta cheese.
- If individual servings are preferred, pack a coffee cup and turn it upside down on the plate.
- Grate feta cheese on top and decorate with a parsley sprig.
- Put a few olives around.