Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
I like this one ,simple but butter & cane syrup are us too.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup water, very hot
- 5 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 9 inches graham cracker crust (store bought)
- 1⁄4 cup dark cane syrup
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- mix flour/brown sugar/salt in a bowl.
- Cut in 5 tablespoons of butter until flour looks like rice kernels.
- Mix molasses with very hot water and cane syrup,baking soda.
- stir molasses mixture into flour/sugar/butter mix, make sure sides are scraped down and mix well.
- if mixture is still too loose -may add more flour to made it more like paste.
- pour mixture into 9 inch graham cracker pan.
- Then add 1/2 cup flour 1/2 cup brown sugar with 3 tablespoons of butter to make crumbs for topping(do not rinse bowl).
- sprinkle over filling and bake for 45 mins at 350.