Recipe by Julie B's Hive
From a 1950s cookbook whose cover is long-lost, Shoofly Pie in cake form. One of my husband's favorites, it's not around long enough for me to have to shoo flies away!
Top Review by Kat's Mom
Lovely molasses flavor. I took a chance and baked it in a black silicone bundt cake pan. It came out a bit crumbly, but a day of sitting in the refrigerator helped that. Next time I will bake it at 325Âº and start checking it after 50 minutes. Great with a cup of coffee for breakfast. Thanks!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄3 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, combine butter, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla and molasses.
- Beat at medium speed for about 2 minutes; add dry ingredients alternately with sour cream, beating until smooth.
- Mix brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon.
- Spread 1/3 of batter in greased and lightly floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the nut mixture. Repeat twice.
- Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until pick inserted near center comes out clean.