- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup light molasses
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped nuts or 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts (your choice)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease one 10" X 4" tube pan.
- Mix the brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon, set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and molasses with an electric mixer for 2 minutes on medium.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture and the sour cream alternately to the egg mixture until combined.
- Spread 1/3 of batter in pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cinnamon-nut mixture, repeat twice.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.