Recipe by Color Guard Mom
This is one of my adopted recipes. I haven't tried it yet, but it sure looks easy and tasty!
Top Review by Annacia
First off this recipe makes a LOT! I cut it back to 3 servings and planned to bake it in a pretty little casserole dish. Well, that 3 serving size filled a cake pan and will make 6 to 8 servings. I made this for DH with all the sugars ask for. He LOVES it and said to give it 5 stars and to say that he really wanted to give it at least 8. "It's moist and has a lot of great flavor" quote DH. Very simple to make and even though I set the timer for 45 mins it was fully baked when I checked it at 35 and could have come out at 30. Even if you make the full size cake do check it early just to be sure. Made for Photo Tag.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dry ingredients with margarine.
- Take 1 cup of mixture and reserve for topping and set aside.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water.
- Add molasses, water and dissolved baking soda.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved topping mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.