Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't like Shoo-fly pie--but this cake is SO good-not as sweet as the pie and has an amazing taste. If you like molasses-try this one-YUMMY!Stays fresh too!
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 cups boiling water
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9X13 pan.
- Mix flour, sugar and butter together by rubbing between your fingers to make crumbs.
- Take one cup of crumb mixture and put aside to use for the topping.
- Add the baking soda to the molasses,stir.
- Pour molasses mixture into crumb mixture and then add the boiling water and stir with a large spoon.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Top with the 1 cup of crumbs you saved.
- Bake 30-40 or until a toothpick comes out clean.