Recipe by Danny Beason
CopyKat.com, just kije the resturant. Good on a cold day.
Top Review by SmoochTheCook
I just made this and could NOT resist having a small bowl before I put it away for tomorrow night (cub scout night). My dad has been talking about Shoney's cabbage beef soup for some time now, so he's going to be thrilled, because it DOES taste like it. I don't typically eat much meat because it doesn't sit well on my stomach, but this, I think I'll just grin and bear. Thanks so much! Oh, and I used extra lean ground beef, crushed tomatoes, and beef consume mixed with water to make up the broth.
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, drained
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 (13 3/4 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1⁄2 medium cabbage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (optional)
- salt and pepper