Prep 2 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very delicious dessert.
Make and share this Sholeh-Zard (Persian/Iranian Dessert) recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g rice
- 1 kg sugar
- cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 1⁄2 cup rose water
- pistachios, crushed
- almonds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash rice a few times until the water is clear, then drain.
- Add six times water and bring to a boil, removing the foam.
- When rice softens completely, add sugar and stir well.
- Dissolve saffron in half a cup of hot water and add to the mix.
- Heat up oil and also add to the mix.
- Add in most of the almonds and the rosewater.
- Stir well and cover.
- Cook in oven at low temperature for half an hour.
- Serve with pistachio, almond and cinnamon sprinkled on top.
I've made this before. I added just a little bit of lime juice. We love this dessert.
I made a different recipe for this and it was also without cardamom so I dont think it is forgotten texasgal #3, some recipes for this just dont have it included though I'm sure it would be good included. Also the recipe I followed added the rose water 30 minutes before the end of cooking and it turned out delicious anyway. I did not make this particular recipe so I wont star it as proportions are different.
You forgot ground kardamom and the rosewater needs to be added at the end . You do not cook the rice once you added the rosewater.