Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This recipe was given to me by my brother. Its a recipe that a restaurant he worked at, used. I just modified it for my personal use.
- 1 large vidalia onions or 1 large onion, of choice
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 3 tablespoons mccormicks lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- canola oil (for deep frying)
- Slice onion,form into rings and cut rings in half.
- Combine egg,milk and sugar into a large baggie or bowl.
- Combine flour and seasonings into another large baggie or bowl.
- Dip onions in egg mixture than into flour mixture and place into a 400'degree deep fryer for 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
This recipe was wonderful. I did not have buttermilk so just used milk instead. Turned out perfect. The picture does not do justice to how they actually look.
I love onion rings, and these were delicious! I actually halved the recipe, just for me. I served this with a mix of ketchup and mayo. Thanks Marsha for a great dish!