Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taken from a Healthy Meals in Minutes card
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 475°F
- Spray a non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray, set aside.
- Scrub potatoes, pat dry.
- Cut into lengthwise strips about 3/8in thick.
- Place in a large bowl and add oil, salt and pepper, toss to coat.
- Place potato strips in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until undersides are browned, about 10 minutes.
- Using a spatula, turn potatoes and bake until golden brown, about 10 mins more.
A wonderfully simple and yummy fries recipe. Thanks Sam!
I love oven fries recipes and this one was no exception! Made exactly as directed and these were appreciated by me and my bf. I will make these again. Very easy, very simple, and a great way to make basic fries. Btw, I did use more pepper than called for. I used Russets for this and I did peel them *for dietary reasons although I love potato peels). Good browning, good flavor; time and temp were right on. This served two for a side (would probably fit in a medium sized carton of french fries at your fast food place just to give you an idea of how big the servings were). However, bear in mind that two of my potatoes were on the med-small side, and 2 were medium sized. Thanks again for sharing this Sam #3,, and will be adding this to my tried and loved cookbook. :) Made for PRMR.