Recipe by SkysMama
This is one dish I look forward to every Thanksgiving. My husband's aunt used to make it every year at my request, but since she gave me the recipe, that job is now mine. She got the recipe from a fellow juror while she was on jury duty, but she doesn't know where it originally came from. My family has this every Thanksgiving, but it's so easy and quick, it makes a perfect dinner sidedish. It goes great with ham, chicken and steak. Be careful of this one - it's quite addicting and not for the diet conscious! It's rich, cheesy, a little spicy and absolutely delicious!! I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does.
Top Review by leonidia
Can't believe this...been searching for this recipe for years! I was also on jury duty when a fellow juror shared this recipe!!! I made it once and loved it, then lost it and have searched the internet for it but nothing i found was the exact recipe. Eureka! How weird to read the jury duty part...we might have been on the same case! And by the way, we wound up with a conviction in the case, which I will never forget, but odd that I have also never forgotten about that corn recipe--it's that good!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 (12 ounce) cans white shoepeg corn
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 16 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saute pan on medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until translucent.
- Add corn and green chiles (including juices), stirring until warmed through.
- Stir in sour cream, Monterey Jack, salt& pepper and mix well until cheese just starts to melt.
- Transfer to a 9x13 casserole dish and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.