1/1 Photo of Shoepeg Corn and Baby Pea Salad
2 hrs 20 mins
This colorful salad recipe came from my mother-in-law and is a family favorite. I've shared it with friends over the years. It's delicious at a potluck, packed in lunches, at barbecues and more. It keeps in the frigerator for a good week. There are other versions out there, but my dressing had less oil and I use Splenda to cut down on the sugar, but you can use regular sugar if you like. Cooking time includes 2 hours for refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby green peas (Le Sesueur brand)
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn (Green Giant Brand preferred)
- 1In a large bowl with a good top that seals, combine all of the vegetables and toss to combine.
- 2In a seperage jar or bowl, mix together dressing ingredients.
- 3Pour dressing onto sladad and mix together. Place tight fitting top on bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 4While salad is in the refrigeragor the 2 hours, reach in about every 30 minutes or so and give the bowl a shake upside down to help the dressing cover all the veggies.
- 5Serve cold with a slotted spoon.
- 6Pour dressing.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shoepeg Corn and Baby Pea Salad
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.2
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 97.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g