Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This colorful salad recipe came from my mother-in-law and is a family favorite. I've shared it with friends over the years. It's delicious at a potluck, packed in lunches, at barbecues and more. It keeps in the frigerator for a good week. There are other versions out there, but my dressing had less oil and I use Splenda to cut down on the sugar, but you can use regular sugar if you like. Cooking time includes 2 hours for refrigeration.
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby green peas (Le Sesueur brand)
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn (Green Giant Brand preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or substitute Splenda)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- In a large bowl with a good top that seals, combine all of the vegetables and toss to combine.
- In a seperage jar or bowl, mix together dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing onto sladad and mix together. Place tight fitting top on bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- While salad is in the refrigeragor the 2 hours, reach in about every 30 minutes or so and give the bowl a shake upside down to help the dressing cover all the veggies.
- Serve cold with a slotted spoon.
- Pour dressing.
I love salads like this! I made this to take for my lunch at work and boy was it good! I used a lot less green onions (probably only 1/4 cup) because I am not a big green onion fan. I increased the amount of celery to make up for it.
I made this for a church potluck and got postitive feedback! I love the taste. Thanks!
I am one of the folks Pam-I-Am has shared this with and I can tell you it is a HIT, I would give it 10 stars if possible! I take this dish to pot lucks and it never fails everyone wants the recipe. It is delicious, my DH requests it often. I sometimes use a combination of red/green and orange peppers for a more "confetti" look.