Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A simple and light sponge pudding.
- 6 tablespoons caster sugar or 6 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 pint milk
- 2 egg whites, whipped until stiff
- Mix all the ingredients, except the egg whites, together to make a smooth batter.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Cook in a Bain Marie for 40 minutes in a moderate oven.
- A Bain Marie is a double boiler.
This pudding was a real pleasure to make & I enjoyed every minute of the preparation ~ Very easy, very nice tasting, & certainly differenf from other puddings I make! Thanks for the nice change of pace! [Tagged, made & reviewed while in Australia with the ZWT5]