Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a perfect soup to make in a hurry with limited ingredients . It was in fact invented on one of those many nights coming home with nothing prepared. This is flavorful and ridiculously simple. You can freeze it for later use or take to work in a flask the next day . Also , if you have frozen spinach 'florets' ( like I do with my waitrose spinach) then this recipe needs seven of them. Delicious !
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped (preferably red)
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach (7 florets)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- First, sauté onion and red pepper – onion should be soft.
- Take pan off heat - stir butter beans in GENTLY.
- Turn cooker up to gas mark 6 ( medium heat). Put pan on and add remaining ingredients.
- Stir (crush spinach florets) until it has a stew consistency.
- Leave to simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally.