1/8 Photos of Shoarma Spice Mix
Shoarma is so popular in Holland that you might forget it is from the Middle East! When we lived abroad I really missed it and tried to copy the spice mix that you can buy here in the shops. There are many makes and blends in the shops, they all taste different, now try the homemade mix! Note that there is no salt in the mix so do not forget to add with cooking, or if you give this as a gift to mention it. After you have tried this you can always make some changes to suit your own taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you have whole spices and the time, dry roast the cumin and coriander seeds in a frying pan for several minutes, let them cool and grind as fine as possible Mix everything together and put in a small jar Shoarma idea for 4: approx 1lb pork, lamb or chicken, cut meat in strips, add 1 tablespoon oil and lemon juice, 1 or 2 teaspoons of the spice mix, add salt to taste, mix and leave for a few hours or overnight.
- 2If you like add some chopped onion, crushed garlic, chopped chili pepper and a chopped sweet pepper to the meat mix.
- 3Fry or grill this until done.
- 4Serve in a wrap or pita bread with a mayonnaise sauce, Tzatziki or try my Yoghurt Chutney (Yoghurt-chutney) and add some finely chopped cucumber to it.
- 5Use for barbecues, marinades and so on.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shoarma Spice Mix
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.4
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g