Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
A Delicious Cole slaw inspired by Each 'o th' band 'o pirates Pantrys, includin' 2 from th' Plunder list. A sweet 'n spicy peanut sauce coatin' lots 'o healthy vegetables. Woe ye enjoyed th' salad made band 'o pirates way. jolly health to ye.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 59.14 ml Thai sweet chili sauce
- 4.92 ml ginger, fresh grated
- 3 dill pickles, sliced
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 14.79 ml rice vinegar
- 14.79 ml soy sauce or 14.79 ml fish sauce
- 4.92-9.85 ml sesame oil
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 9.85 ml sugar or 7.39 ml honey
- 946.36 ml cabbage, finely shredded
- 141.74 g fresh asparagus (tough ends discarded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces blanched or microwaved for 1 minute)
- 236.59 ml frozen green pea
- 78.07 ml scallion, sliced
- 236.59 ml carrot, grated
- 118.29 ml celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced very thin or diced)
- 118.29-236.59 ml fresh cilantro (Choose one or a mix) or 118.29-236.59 ml fresh basil (Choose one or a mix) or 118.29-236.59 ml of fresh mint (Choose one or a mix)
- fresh herb (optional)
- dry roasted peanuts (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- cucumber, diced (optional)
- Place th' dressin' in'redient in a blender 'n blend 'til smooth.
- In a large bowl toss all th' salad in'redients wit' th' dressin'.
- Dressin' may seem thick but th' cabbage gunna exude liquid 'n be perfect.
- Chill fer 1 hour fer flavors to meld.
- Toss before servin', place in a servin' bowl toppin' wit' garnishes 'o ye likin's.
- Thank you for trying my recipe.
It's asparagus time here and I am glad that this recipe was created. It's nice and fresh. used soy sauce and fresh basil. Found that one teaspoon sesame oil was enough, otherwise the taste would have been too strong. I halved the recipe, otherwise it would have been too much for us. The leftovers were nice but I would not recommend to save it for more than two days, the asparagus gets too wilted. Thanks for creating and posting. Made for Raiders of the Lost Pantry Contest.
My dh & I really enjoyed this tasty coleslaw, especially all the vegetables and cilantro/mint combo. We love thai food and thought that this was awesome. I made 1/2 batch exactly as written and 1/2 batch without the peanut butter for my dh (allergies). Both versions were terrific. I opted to use fish sauce instead of the soya sauce and was really happy that I did. The slaws were garnished differently one with sesame and cucumber and the other with cilantro and peanuts. Nice use of contest ingredients. Good Luck in the contest.
I was surprised how much I enjoyed this slaw. A nice change from my usual dressings. Thanks!