Recipe by Rita~
A Delicious Cole slaw inspired by Each 'o th' band 'o pirates Pantrys, includin' 2 from th' Plunder list. A sweet 'n spicy peanut sauce coatin' lots 'o healthy vegetables. Woe ye enjoyed th' salad made band 'o pirates way. jolly health to ye.
Top Review by Chef Dudo
It's asparagus time here and I am glad that this recipe was created. It's nice and fresh. used soy sauce and fresh basil. Found that one teaspoon sesame oil was enough, otherwise the taste would have been too strong. I halved the recipe, otherwise it would have been too much for us. The leftovers were nice but I would not recommend to save it for more than two days, the asparagus gets too wilted. Thanks for creating and posting. Made for Raiders of the Lost Pantry Contest.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh grated
- 3 dill pickles, sliced
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 4 cups cabbage, finely shredded
- 5 ounces fresh asparagus (tough ends discarded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces blanched or microwaved for 1 minute)
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1⁄3 cup scallion, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced very thin or diced)
- 1⁄2-1 cup fresh cilantro (Choose one or a mix) or 1⁄2-1 cup fresh basil (Choose one or a mix) or 1⁄2-1 cup of fresh mint (Choose one or a mix)
- fresh herb (optional)
- dry roasted peanuts (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- cucumber, diced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place th' dressin' in'redient in a blender 'n blend 'til smooth.
- In a large bowl toss all th' salad in'redients wit' th' dressin'.
- Dressin' may seem thick but th' cabbage gunna exude liquid 'n be perfect.
- Chill fer 1 hour fer flavors to meld.
- Toss before servin', place in a servin' bowl toppin' wit' garnishes 'o ye likin's.
- Thank you for trying my recipe.