- 2 cups dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups boiling bouillon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups cooked oats
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover the mushrooms with the boiling bouillon and allow to soak at least 10 minutes.
- Drain the soaking liquid into a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Stir in the onions, celery, garlic and seasonings and simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the mushroom stems and cut the caps into quarters.
- Add to the pot and cook 5 - 10 minutes more, or until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in the whole grains and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy.