Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Miso Soup with Shitake Mushrooms. Warm and Simple to Make.
Make and share this Shitake Miso Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a sauce pan combine soy sauce, tofu and scallions.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and water, bring to a boil.
- Once boiling vigorously, bring down to a simmer and add mushrooms.
- Simmer until mushrooms reach desired tenderness.
- Add Miso, mix until dissolved, serve.
I am a big fan of miso soup, so this different version appealed to me. While I enjoyed the addition of the shiitake mushrooms, the broth was not quite as flavorful as I had hoped for. I used some lovely organic fresh shiitake mushrooms and very good quality miso, but the broth just didn't seem to have enough depth. Good, just not a wow for me, I'm sorry.