Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Unexpected flavours make this a bright and cheerful summer salad.
- 1⁄2 English cucumbers or 3 Persian cucumbers
- 8 shiso leaves
- 1 green onion
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon agave nectar or 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, agave nectar, salt and pepper.
- Slice cucumbers into thin, quartered slices. Marinate in the vinaigrette for half an hour.
- Thinly slice green onions, and chiffonade the shiso leaves. Add to cucumbers along with feta cheese. Toss gently and serve.