Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
"Chicken chunks are marinated in yogurt, lemon juice, and several spices before being skewered with onions and bell peppers. The result is a terrific idea for the grilling season that tastes great and is fun to eat."-- taken from AllRecipes.com for safe keeping
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt (I used Fat Free)
- 4 garlic cloves, Minced
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom (I used Nutmeg instead)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 2 in pieces)
- 2 onions (cut into large chunks)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into large chunks)
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
- Whisk together the lemon juice, vegetable oil, plain yogurt, garlic, tomato paste, salt, oregano, pepper, allspice, cinnamon, and cardamom in a large bowl; add the chicken and toss to coat. Transfer the chicken mixture into a large plastic bag; refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate. Thread the chicken, onions, and pepper onto metal skewers. Cook on preheated grill until the chicken is golden and no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes each side. Sprinkle the parsley over the skewers.
Exotic and very tasty. People were asking, what's that nice smell? Thank you.