Prep 4 hrs
Cook 20 mins
This is my favorite recipe for grilled chicken on skewers.
Make and share this Shish Tawook recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg chicken breast, cubed
- 10 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 lemon, juice of and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1. Mix all ingredients together and let marinate in the fridge for about 4 hours.
- 2. place chicken cubes on skewers and grill till done.
- 3. Serve immediately.
- N.B. If using wooden skewers don't forget to soad them.
Yummy dish! The marinade was very simple to make, and really flavorful. The chicken was perfectly tender and juicy, with a bit of heat from the cayenne, and a nice tangy flavor from the yogurt and lemon. I used two huge chicken breast pieces, which I cut in half lengthwise rather than cutting into chunks for skewering. This was more than enough for the two of us, with enough leftovers to serve again. I also cut the marinade recipe in half, and it was plenty for that amount of chicken. We love Shish Tawook, and order it a lot at a local restaurant, thanks for posting a recipe for it that I can make at home.