1/5 Photos of Shish Taouk (Chicken Kebab Recipe)
Lebanese in origin Prep time: Forty minutes Cook Time: Ten Minutes Difficulty: Easy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g good quality chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (They're easier to cube if you cut them while still a little frozen)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed, is what the recipe i have calls for, but I used 1 tablespoon of minced garlic fr
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml allspice
- 29.58 ml best quality olive oil
- 44.37 ml lemon juice, but I used Lime juice
- 1In non-reactive container (glass, good ceramic or stainless steel) combine the cubed chicken, garlic, salt, cinnamon, black pepper, allspice, oil and lemon juice, mix well, cover (you can use saran wrap).
- 2*Note* You should marinate the chicken for several hours in the refrigerator to get the best taste out of the chicken.
- 3Thirty minutes before grilling remove from refrigerator, allowing it to reach room temperature.
- 4Thread onto skewers *note*.
- 5If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in cold water for at least 20 minutes prior to using.
- 6Grill over medium charcoal fire, basting and turning several times, until delicately browned.
- 7The recipe also says you can also grill in the oven, but if you've got a charcoal grill, it works much nicer.
- 8But if you dont have a charcoal grill; pre-heat the grill. Place chicken on skewers over an oven sheet and cook until browned (6-8 minutes), turning skewers and basting occasionally with the marinade to keep moist.
- 9I serve this with baked pita,hummus, Kibbee, and a nice green salad with feta cheese dressing.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shish Taouk (Chicken Kebab Recipe)
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.6
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 508.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 23.7 g