Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lebanese in origin Prep time: Forty minutes Cook Time: Ten Minutes Difficulty: Easy
- 1 lb good quality chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (They're easier to cube if you cut them while still a little frozen)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed, is what the recipe i have calls for, but I used 1 tablespoon of minced garlic fr
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons best quality olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, but I used Lime juice
- In non-reactive container (glass, good ceramic or stainless steel) combine the cubed chicken, garlic, salt, cinnamon, black pepper, allspice, oil and lemon juice, mix well, cover (you can use saran wrap).
- *Note* You should marinate the chicken for several hours in the refrigerator to get the best taste out of the chicken.
- Thirty minutes before grilling remove from refrigerator, allowing it to reach room temperature.
- Thread onto skewers *note*.
- If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in cold water for at least 20 minutes prior to using.
- Grill over medium charcoal fire, basting and turning several times, until delicately browned.
- The recipe also says you can also grill in the oven, but if you've got a charcoal grill, it works much nicer.
- But if you dont have a charcoal grill; pre-heat the grill. Place chicken on skewers over an oven sheet and cook until browned (6-8 minutes), turning skewers and basting occasionally with the marinade to keep moist.
- I serve this with baked pita,hummus, Kibbee, and a nice green salad with feta cheese dressing.
Very tasty! We cook and eat lebanese food pretty often, so we were excited to try this recipe for kebabs. We made sirloin and chicken kebabs and they were a hit. We served them with rice (a simple Lebanese recipe from a grandmother), grilled veggies, pita and tzatziki (Tzatziki), holding the garlic everywhere due to allergies in the crowd. Still delicious.
I made this tonight and it was amazing. I was very wary of using cinnamon as I hate it, but you can't taste it at all. The chicken was so moist and juicy and it tasted fantastic!!! I served it in pittas with salad, garlic mayo and lemon wedges.
Very good and simple recipe. Chicken was super moist.