Recipe by Theresa Proctor
This shish kebab recipe uses all the main ingredients but adds a marinade for the meat and onions
- 1 lb marinating steak, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 20 grape tomatoes
- 20 whole mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 onions, cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 green peppers, cut into 1 inch squares
- 5 potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- skewer (if using bamboo, be sure to soak in water before using)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour red wine, red wine vinegar, olive oil, meat and onions into container and let marinade overnight.
- The next day, prepare the onions, green peppers, potatoes, and wash the tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Skewer the meat and vegetables on the skewers and place on grill. Set aside marinade and sprinkle on the shish kebabs while they cook on the grill.