Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Easy tasty marinade good for beef, pork and chicken shish kabobs. This works well with nice size chunks and about a pound of meat. If you want to use the leftover mariande to baste the meat and vegetables while you are grilling them. Note cooking time is marinading time.
- 158.51 ml oil
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml chopped green onion
- 29.58 ml snipped fresh parsley
- 29.58 ml dijon-style mustard
- 4.92 ml dried thyme leaves
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients in a container (I use a jar and then shake it but you could whisk it).
- Place meat in a heavy duty plastic bag and add marinade.
- Seal tightly and refrigerate 8 hours or overnite.
- I do this in the morning before work then its ready for the grill when I get home.
We loved this marinade! I used it for beef, and brushed the skewers of beef & veggies with the reserved marinade before grilling. It was delicious served with tabbouleh salad. Thanks so much for sharing, akgrown!
This was a great marinade. I was expecting a little bite from the dijon mustard but it actually had kinda of a smokey flavor. Mild but flavorful, kid-friendly too! I marinated the meat for about 4 hours and the veggies for 1 hour. I might and a little salt next time. Thanks Laurie!