Santa Ynez Valley Chef's Note:
The easiest elegant way to dress up eggs for breakfast! This is a simple recipe with a huge payoff. The cream in the bottom gives the eggs a silky texture and although I give two options below, almost anything can be added to them. Great for breakfast in bed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preaheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Take 4 ramekins, and spread 1 TBS of butter on the sides and bottom of each.
- 3Pour 1 tsp cream into each ramekin.
- 4Crack an egg into each ramekin, and use a spoon to move the yolk into the center of the ramekin.
- 5Put in each ramekin: 2TBS Cheese, 1 1/2 TBS rosemary, and 1 TBS bread crumbs.
- 6Place in oven for 12-15 minutes (until whites solidify and eggs are just set), they will continue cooking after the come out.
- 7Let sit for 3-5 minutes and serve with toast.
- 8NOTE: you can also makes these with Parmesan Cheese and fresh chives yummers.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shirred Eggs : Easy and Elegant
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.9
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 268.0 mg
- Sodium 347.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 12.1 g