Recipe by Santa Ynez Valley Chef
The easiest elegant way to dress up eggs for breakfast! This is a simple recipe with a huge payoff. The cream in the bottom gives the eggs a silky texture and although I give two options below, almost anything can be added to them. Great for breakfast in bed!
Top Review by Recipe Reader
These are good! I've never done eggs this way before, I was surprised that the cream disappears into the egg itself. I used parmesan cheese with some dried herbs de provence. Very good flavors. I will make this again, thanks for posting. Made for My-3-Chefs event.
- 4 eggs
- 8 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons rosemary
- 8 teaspoons cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preaheat oven to 375°F.
- Take 4 ramekins, and spread 1 TBS of butter on the sides and bottom of each.
- Pour 1 tsp cream into each ramekin.
- Crack an egg into each ramekin, and use a spoon to move the yolk into the center of the ramekin.
- Put in each ramekin: 2TBS Cheese, 1 1/2 TBS rosemary, and 1 TBS bread crumbs.
- Place in oven for 12-15 minutes (until whites solidify and eggs are just set), they will continue cooking after the come out.
- Let sit for 3-5 minutes and serve with toast.
- NOTE: you can also makes these with Parmesan Cheese and fresh chives yummers.