Perfect for new cooks, shirred eggs are baked in butter in a small dish until just barely set. Easily garnished. From the Fanny Farmer cookbook posted in response to a recipe request
My Private Note
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Use baking dishes that accommodate no more than two eggs, such as au gratin dishes Put the butter in the dish and place in the oven until the butter melts.
- 3Swirl to coat the bottom and sides.
- 4Crack the eggs and put them in the dish; cover snugly with foil.
- 5Bake for 7 minutes.
- 6Uncover and season to taste.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shirred Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.4
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 387.1 mg
- Sodium 192.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 12.6 g