Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
I love it when my husband makes these for us! He found the recipe in Sunset magazine. Note: The recipe is for individual servings. Increase according to however many you plan to serve. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Generously coat a 6-oz. ramekin with the butter.
- Pour the whipping cream into bottom of ramekin.
- Crack eggs into the ramekin and gently coax the yolks toward the center, using a spoon if necessary.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then top with minced chives and parmesan cheese. Lightly sprinkle top with paprika.
- Bake until set around edges and still a bit jiggly in the center, about 12 minutes. (For firm yolks, bake an additional 3 minutes.)
- Let sit 2 to 3 minutes to set and serve immediately.
- Note: For easier oven transfer, set ramekins on a large baking pan.
This made a delicious Sunday brunch. I did cook the eggs the full amount of time and would probably cut back on the cooking time next time as the yolk was a cooked a little more than I would have liked. Something I would make again. Made for *PAC Fall 2009*