Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A good down home comfort dish.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 (19 ounce) can Campbell's chunky steak 'n potato soup
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 6 eggs, seprated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use low fat)
- In a 2 qt pan over medium heat in 1 tbsp hot butter or margarine, cook onion with the basil till tender.
- Add soup and tomato, heat through; stir occasionally.
- In a large bowl with the mixer on high, beat the egg whites till foamy.
- Add cream of tartar; beat till whites form stiff peaks.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl with mixer on high speed, beat the yolks with the water, salt and pepper till light and fluffy.
- With a rubber spatula CAREFULLY fold in the whites.
- In a oven safe skillet, over medium heat, melt remaining butter.
- Add egg mixture;cook till the underside is golden.
- (about 3 min).
- Place skillet in oven and bake 10 minutes till surface is golden and springs back when touched.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Cut in 6 wedges.
- Serve 1/2 cup of the soup mixture over each wedge.