1/1 Photo of Shirl's Awesome Easy Burritos
Shirl (J) 831's Note:
When I make this easy and inexpensive dish, no one leaves hungry and everyone loves it kids too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free refried beans, with chilies
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chunky salsa (or one of your choice)
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, approx
- salt and pepper
- onion (optional)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages flour tortillas (8- or 10 pkg)
- butter or margarine
- sour cream, for topping
- 1Cook the beef in a large pot; drain well when done.
- 2*you can add the onions if you like, I don't always use them.
- 3stir in can of re-fried beans and approx 3/4 to half of the salsa (leave some for topping)
- 4add some cheddar cheese, I usually add approx 1 cup (leave some for topping)
- 5add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6let this mixture warm on the stove a few minutes just to melt the cheese.
- 7Turn off.
- 8Warm the shells a few at a time in the microwave on a plate with a slightly damp paper towel on top.
- 9Place 2 ice cream scoop sizes of meat mixture in the middle of the shell, roll up and place seam side down in a lightly buttered 9x13 pan (you will need more than one pan)
- 10Once you have rolled them all and placed in pans, brush lightly with butter or margarine.
- 11spread remaining salsa on top (I like to use lots and have some left over if anyone wants to add more).
- 12sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 13Place in a warm oven 200-250F approx 10-15 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
- 14Serve with extra salsa and sour cream.
- 15This is a recipe that can be made for a small supper feeding 4-6 or can be made for 10 or more depending on how many shells you buy and the size of shells I buy large ones.
- 16This is very filling so I don't add anything to the meal.
- 17It is easy and inexpensive to make and not one person I have ever made it for did not LOVE it.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shirl's Awesome Easy Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.8
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 103.3 mg
- Sodium 1948.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 46.1 g