Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple to make, and really tasty morsels to munch on during the Christmas and Thanksgiving holidays, this recipe has been a family tradition at our table for many years!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 bunch celery, cut into 3-inch pieces
- Put cream cheese in a bowl in the microwave for 45 secs. to soften.
- Add milk, and mix well.
- Add walnuts, and mix well.
- Cut stalks of celery into thirds, and wash and dry well, (very important).
- Stuff celery with cream cheese mixture, and refrigerate.
I made up a batch of these to see how the family liked them and they went bonkers! I love the nuts and creamcheese, so I knew I would love them. We will be having these for Thanksgiving dinner. I sprinkled just a touch of salt over the tops before serving. Awesome side to any dinner but I think it's a great one for the holidays and something different from the same old same old. My family thanks you Linda!
Plain celery has never been a favourite of mine but adding this creamy and nutty filling steps adds flavour and crunch making it very palatable indeed. Made for 123 Hit Wonders Tag.