Recipe by Sweet Southern Bell
This is easy and good. Made with fruit,Jell-o and cool whip. When I found this recipe it had no name,so I named it a name I wouldn't forget.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pears, reserving syrup.
- Add water to syrup to make 1 cup.
- Dissolve jell-0 in boiling water; add measured liquid. Chill until thickened about 11/2 hours.
- Dice pears. Set aside.
- Fold ½ cup thickened jell-0 into cool whip, If necessary, chill again until mixture mounds. Carefully line serving bowl with jell-0 and cool whip mixture, mounding high at edges to form a shell.
- Add pears to remaining jell-0; carefully spoon into bowl. Chill until set, about 2 hours.