This is a cool and refreshing salad that my mom used to make a lot, and my family has enjoyed for years. I know you will too! It's great at cookouts, picnics, family gatherings, wedding and baby showers, or just at home for the family...From my family to yours, ENJOY!
- Rinse off potatoes to clean, and boil in salted water, until fork inserted goes in easily.
- Do not over-cook potatoes, or potato salad will be mushy.
- When potatoes are done drain right away, peel and let cool.
- Put in refrigerator to chill.
- When chilled completely, cut them up into med.
- sized cubes and put in a lg bowl.
- Put back into fridge to keep chilled.
- Meanwhile, cut up celery, green pepper, carrots and olives into finely minced pieces.
- Add to potato mixture.
- Open can of shrimp and drain well.
- Rinse off shrimp in the can, and squeeze dry with can cover before removing from can.
- Flake shrimp well between fingers and add to potato and veggie mixture.
- Mix mayonnaise into salad and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- When ready to serve, place potato salad on a few leaves of lettuce.
- Serve with cucumber wedges.
- Try adding 1/2 of a lg sweet onion, minced finely.
- Try adding 6 hard boiled eggs, mashed finely.
- Serve in a lg cucumber, sliced lengthwise and seeds removed.
- Serve in a hollowed out fresh tomato.
- Serve in a hollowed out green bell pepper.