1/3 Photos of Shirley's Shrimp Potato Salad
1 hr 10 mins
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
This is a cool and refreshing salad that my mom used to make a lot, and my family has enjoyed for years. I know you will too! It's great at cookouts, picnics, family gatherings, wedding and baby showers, or just at home for the family...From my family to yours, ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse off potatoes to clean, and boil in salted water, until fork inserted goes in easily.
- 2Do not over-cook potatoes, or potato salad will be mushy.
- 3When potatoes are done drain right away, peel and let cool.
- 4Put in refrigerator to chill.
- 5When chilled completely, cut them up into med.
- 6sized cubes and put in a lg bowl.
- 7Put back into fridge to keep chilled.
- 8Meanwhile, cut up celery, green pepper, carrots and olives into finely minced pieces.
- 9Add to potato mixture.
- 10Open can of shrimp and drain well.
- 11Rinse off shrimp in the can, and squeeze dry with can cover before removing from can.
- 12Flake shrimp well between fingers and add to potato and veggie mixture.
- 13Mix mayonnaise into salad and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 14Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- 15When ready to serve, place potato salad on a few leaves of lettuce.
- 16Serve with cucumber wedges.
- 18Try adding 1/2 of a lg sweet onion, minced finely.
- 19Try adding 6 hard boiled eggs, mashed finely.
- 20Serve in a lg cucumber, sliced lengthwise and seeds removed.
- 21Serve in a hollowed out fresh tomato.
- 22Serve in a hollowed out green bell pepper.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shirley's Shrimp Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (514 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 820.5
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 912.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: